You’re getting tired of maintaining a house. You’re well past retirement and maybe a little bored; you’d like a more active social life. Your neighborhood isn’t the same; so many of your friends have moved out, or passed away, and it’s mostly young families on the block now. You don’t need a nursing home, yet you may need care someday.
Have you considered independent living? Many seniors choose this setting for the privacy, low-maintenance lifestyle, access to services if and when needed, the opportunities for social interaction, engagement, and personal enrichment, and obviously, the independence.
If you’re not sure whether an independent living community is the right fit for you or someone you know, check out these posts on the topic:
- A Day in the Life of an Independent Living Resident
- Independent Living: Different Settings, Different Services
- Living Life Fully in Independent Living
- Independent Living or Assisted Living: Which is Best?
- Can I Receive Care in Independent Living?