If you’re planning to stop by and visit a friend or family member in assisted living today, consider these ideas for a fantastic Fourth of July visit:
- Bring pictures from 4th of July celebrations of the past; reminisce about your family’s summer holiday traditions.
- Listen to patriotic music and sing along to old favorites, or watch a favorite film with an independence day theme.
- Make a holiday dessert or snack in red, white and blue; share it with your loved one’s friends, neighbors, and staff members. (Need recipe inspiration? Click here.)
- Attend a local parade or fireworks show together.
- Host a small BBQ at your home and bring Mom or Grandpa along, or bring a picnic lunch with their favorites if leaving the community is difficult (for health/mobility reasons).
- Write and send postcards to service members abroad or in the US, thanking them for their commitment to preserving our freedom.
- If you invite younger grandchildren to accompany you, work on a patriotic-themed art project (Check out this easy, fun craft at Grandparents.com).
There may also be special holiday events or meals planned by the activities staff at the community in which you and your family member may choose to participate.
The SeniorsforLiving.com team wishes you an Independence Day that’s truly sparkling and spectacular!