Last March, we offered a list of our favorite websites for boomers and seniors. Since its release, the blog post has generated 83 comments, most coming from site visitors who were grateful for the extensive compilation.
We also received quite a few suggestions for additional resources over the past year. With all of this in mind, check out our update, “New Sites for 2012.” Also, if you haven’t perused it before, browse the original top 100 list too. Most of these sites are still operational, with the exception of Swap Meet Dave (under the “Tickling Your Funnybone” section) and Crowning Touch USA (under the “Moving, Downsizing and Transition Services” section); links have been disabled accordingly.
- Just for Boomers — This site promises “boomer news for all your boomer needs.” Head to the SharpSeniors blog to learn more.
- All About Alzheimer’s — Founded by Carlos Barrios, who lost his grandfather to the disease, EndearforAlz.com helps charities raise donations, connects people, and offers valuable information about Alzheimer’s to those who need it. Also check out AlzheimersPrevention.org to learn more about clinical research and prevention education.
- Grandparents’ Corner — BoomerGrandparents.com is a fun site for boomers who love their grandchildren and are learning to connect with them in a totally new, fully digital way.
Updates to Current Categories:
- Travel – Check out BabyBoomersTraveling.com and MyItchyTravelFeet.com for boomer- and senior-related travel info, including resources for people aspiring to retire abroad.
- Sandwich Generation — Read all about “the second half of the motherhood journey” at Teresa Bell Kindred’s blog, Nanahood.com, or follow the adventures of Kanesha Baynard’s multigenerational life in ItsAFullNest.com.
- Caregiving – ElderDepot.com is more than a blog for caregivers, it’s also your one-stop-shop for caregiving supplies. Shop for incontinence, mobility, vision/hearing and other related products at the site. Also, DailyCaring.com is a fantastic hub where caregivers can easily search through a collection of short, easy-to-read articles about aging and caregiving, and receive via email or the site “fresh updates with the latest practical advice to improve your care situation.”
- All Things Aging — Learn about the spiritual aspects of aging at this enlightening site, FierceWithAge.com, or visit Impowerage.com for all things health, fitness and retirement.
- Rocking the Boat – Feeling feisty and full of life in your boomer and senior years is a thing of beauty, and it’s an approach that’s celebrated at the following sites: GrowingBolder.com, SnappySeniors.com, and SavoringYourSixties.com
- Tickling Your Funnybone – Find the humor in life as a boomer at Pat Skene’s blog, Boomerrantz.com.
- Senior Care & Services – Review blog posts and podcasts offering insights on caring for a senior relative or friend at SeniorCareCorner.com.
- Money & Finance – There are thousands of discounts just for seniors. Head to Sciddy.com to take advantage of them today.
Your turn: What’s your favorite boomer/senior blog destination?